BusinessObjects Board

Repository Migration and ZABO

We’ve just created a new repository (our old one got corrupted). It’s an instance on the same server as the old one. I’ve exported/imported users, imported/exported Universes and uploaded documents. We are just changing the name from BO to BOREPO. Connection strings are also the same, but, obviously there is a new BOMain.key file.

This will be transparent to Webi users but how is this going to affect the ZABO users? Will they have to download ZABO again to get the new BOMain.Key?

I did a search and someone did ask the same question here but the thread talks about everyting to be considered but ZABO.

BO_User (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

ZABO users don’t download the BOMain.key. They use the one on the Webi server. So as long as that one is up to date, you should be fine.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Doesn’t the LocData contain servername.key? So I am guessing that gets updated everytime a ZABO users logs in?

Yes, it does, but in this case, the server isn’t being changed, so there shouldn’t be anything to do at the desktop level.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

I get it now. Thanks

Any ideas on how does this affect Stored Procedures Reports? Some of my reports are using SPs. ther refresh fails saying that “A connection required to refresh this document is unavaliable”. When I try to edit the data provider, it tells me that “You are not authourized to use this stored Procedure”. I checked in the DB and the Userid has execute permissions on the SPs.

Anyone know why this is happening?