BusinessObjects Board

Reports Written to File System Sourced From Specific Universe

I’m trying to create a report that will list the reports, based on a specific universe, that have instances that are written out to the file system.

The problem that I am running into is that the Audit data apparently doesn’t record the universe of the report for Event 1012, the Deliver event, which is the event when an instance is written out the file system.

Has anyone attempted to create such a report or pull this data from the Audit database?

Shameless Plug
As for the universe not being recorded for Event 1012, I submitted an improvement request to have that added. If you have a SAP login, llease vote it up: Audit Event 1012 Does Not Contain Universe Detail

Have you thought about using 2 queries. One with all the reports based on the universe (system database) and the other based on the audit database? Merge that into one WebI report and you are done.

I’ve looked at a merge, but either the data just doesn’t want to merge cleanly or I don’t know exactly what I’m doing (I don’t work with the reporting tools much as I’m not a report writer).

The main problem stems from the universe name and the file location (ToEmail Address also) are both stored in the ADS_EVENT_DETAIL.Event_Detail_Value column. I don’t really want to have records on the universe that show the universe name because we will know what that is. Also, I need to filter on the universe name so only the reports that use that specific universe will be listed.

You could potentially do this with freehand SQL - join to ADS_EVENT_DETAIL twice. Once with it filtered for the ToEmail Address Event Detail Type and the other with it filtered for the universe name Event Detail Type. This way you can pull the data in a single query but not show the universe name.

You’ll also use the Session ID to join the different events together into a single schedule. I don’t have time to work on it right now, but I’ll see what I can come up with for a query for you and post it tomorrow.

-Dell