BusinessObjects Board

Reports out of DS

Is there a way to get a listing with as much information as possible on JOBS in Data Services(Integrator)?

Can it be done through Webi(I am guessing NO)

We are using DI with XI R3

thanks.

ColumbiaIT (BOB member since 2011-06-15)

You can create Universe on the table/any ds, using BODS 4.0; not sure of BODI. If thats what you meant.

Charu03 (BOB member since 2012-03-25)

AL_LANG is the one place where all the jobs exist. Yeah you you can enable that universe and start creating reports on that too.

ganeshxp :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-17)

Creating reports out of the repository using BOE is certainly doable. A data model helps a lot. I have one I’m working on (for the past 3 years) that lays out the relationship between the tables I know about. It’s in PowerDesigner. If you want a copy let me know.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Hi,i am looking since long time about the relations between the tables.please,send me the copy to the email :csrgottumukkala@gmail.com.
Your help is appreciated.

csrxg (BOB member since 2012-10-24)

Jim, you should not have said that. Now this thread will be spammed with requests. :shock:

Let them figure it out for themselves. It helps understanding the repo better. And the product documentation is pretty good even.

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

Jim, very kind of you to offer and pass on the schema which you have worked on. It may be a candidate for BOBs download section?

Johannes, I think this is a great forum about open and sharing knowledge and helping each other out. We should avoid hoarding our little areas of knowledge and “exclusive club” type mentalities.

Darth Services :uk: (BOB member since 2007-11-20)

I agree with you, but I do not agree with the average mentality of some (off-shore) developers. My remark was slightly sarcastic…

Although in this case I consider learning on your own is better because there is a wealth of information to be retrieved from the repo tables, if you know it is there. And it is not so difficult to get it out if you spend some time reading the manual and create some queries.

Reward points if useful :wink:

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

From my learning all these days, there are only a handful of tables that will give a lot of information on!!! I would create a DS Job/DB View to collect good/required information from the repository and write into a denormalized structure…
Then we can write custom reports on top of that table/view!!!

As Jim said, me too lazily working on that piece for even more than 3 years!!! :sleeping:

ganeshxp :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-17)

This sounds great
Can you send me this at ystu15@yahoo.com

Really appreciate it and Thanks!

ColumbiaIT (BOB member since 2011-06-15)

Email sent.

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information. Could you please send the details

kgecdeep@gmail.com

I would like to try developing more reports using repository database.

kgecdeep (BOB member since 2012-07-25)

Do you have a license for PowerDesigner? The data model was created using PowerDesigner. If you don’t have PowerDesigner then the data model won’t be of much use to you.

Thanks for your revert. No, i dont have power designer.

I am trying to create a report to get the mappings between job , workflow, dataflow, source table, target table.

I can get few details from AL_COL_Mappings from metadata database but can get the relationship between job and dataflow.

Can we create the relationship with ay metadata table to get the job and corresponding dataflow details

kgecdeep (BOB member since 2012-07-25)

Hi Jim,

Can you please send me the model to pvaida19@gmail.com. I have power designer on my machine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

DI.net (BOB member since 2007-07-26)

[quote:419a3c5dca=“DI.net”]Can you please send me the model to pvaida19@gmail.com. I have power designer on my machine.
[/quote]

The data model has been sent to your email address.

Hi, Please send a data model to hsu_christina@hotmail.com. Thanks

acchym (BOB member since 2013-11-05)

email sent.

Jim or anyone who got the information about metadata model, can you please email it to sendtokartik@gmail.com? I really appreciate your help.

Cheers.

sendtokartik (BOB member since 2013-11-05)

Email sent.