BusinessObjects Board

Reporting guidelines

Hi all,
I would like to know if there is a document available or some help in setting up the guidelines for a company for their reporting.

Thanks,
DB

bdkhyd :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-21)

I dont think there is any specific document which would give you some guide lines as how the reports should look like. It will vary from company to company. So it is your company who needs to decide as how these reports are to be built.

bobjkb :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-19)

Hi

The reporting standard will depends on the customer or your company requirement. You can prepare a generic guidelines based on your company standards. This will help for the people who new to your organization.

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Things to consider including in standards document
Naming conventions
Look and feel font size, colors, logos
Report documentation:
why was it built?
who are the business audience, SMEs?
Any special sorts, breaks?
Who built it and as part of what project or process, helps track down documentation
Page margins, headers, footers

As you can see most of this is just common sense and if you take a look at reports you have today you have a mismatch of styles colors and fonts. If you start with any reporting that is external and you can use that as a baseline to determine the company’s report style

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

Thanks All

bdkhyd :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-21)

Hi

Remembering that there are few templates available in the forum for making such guidelines and standard documents.

Regards

Siva.M

I think you are talking about this topic.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Mark

I was told about this document…

Thanks to Mark for showed me one more document to refer…

Regards

Siva.M