BusinessObjects Board

Report taking lot of time in WebI , but in DB less time

Hello There,

There is one report and its got scheduled 3 years ago on weekly basis. Past 4 weeks scheduled report taking more than an hour, earlier it was taking 25 mins max. I tried without scheduled too, its also taking same one hour.

Now also in DB taking same 25mins , while in WebI Its taking more than hour. (I mean scheduled Report and normal also same one hour)

Please suggest regarding this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shravan R.

Bonjour,
Votre problème peux être lié de plusieurs raisons :
Est ce que c’est lié uniquement à ce rapport ou d’autres sont dans le même cas ?
Est ce qu’il y a eu des changements dans l’univers BO ?
Est ce que la base de données est optimisée ?
Est ce qu’il y a eu un changement de version de BO ?

Hi,

could you write in English.

Its BO 4.2 Version and report running on Universe .

Regards,
Shravan

la version Anglaise
Hello,
Your problem can be related to several reasons:
Is it related only to this report or others are in the same case?
Have there been any changes in the soundtrack universe?
Is the database optimized?
Has there been a change of version of BO?

Hi,

There are almost 10 reports are there and in which 3 reports only running almost 2 times more . While in Data base its running same time. only issue at report end. Its running in DB same time as earlier.

No BO version change.

Please advice.

Regards,
Shravan

You need to be careful on this

There are several reasons, including:
The query is performing the same , but Webi needs to return all the rows before it can render the report. See how long it takes for the SQL query to return all the data.
Middleware/network issues. There could be something to do with the Webi server (e.g. high levels of activity). I have seen this happen when the Webi server has had other applications/software installed on it.
Another thing to check is, if you have a SQL client installed on the Webi server, to run the SQL query on the Webi server itself and see how long the query takes to return all the rows there.

also is the number of lines brought back when it worked well is the same as now

You should also look at page-level formulas and variables. Those aren’t processed in the database but are rendered by WebI after the query is run on the database.

It’s been 14 years - I think they’ve moved on :wink:

1 Like