BusinessObjects Board

Report size exceeding 35MB.

Hi all,
I am working on a BO 6.5 Report which is a small report and is supposed to be of size around 1-2 MB.But its size is showing as 38 MB.Can anyone tell the possible reason that why such a huge size is showing as data in report is also very less.

vaibhs1205 (BOB member since 2008-02-01)

I am not sure, but this may be a reason. There may be more variables and formulas created. Your report may show very few of them. Also how are you telling it to be around 1-2 MB?

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Another reason could be that in the past the report contained a data provider with a lot of data. Then the data provider was deleted but not purged before that. That resulted in the report keeping the internal microcube with all data in the report but having no chance to remove it.

If the report data providers really contain small sets of data and there are not so many formulas and variables in the report and still the report file size is too high then I think the only way how to decrease the file size is to rebuild the report.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

My God!!! Should we re-build the report? :nonod:

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

If you are really concerned about the report file size then yes. If you are not then there is not a reason for doing it.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

If it is possible that you have a “phantom data provider” that wasn’t purged before you deleted it, you could always use the Copy Data Providers/Copy Report Variables utility that Dwayne wrote, from BOB’s Downloads, to help with the rewrite.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I use view ->Variables and delete vars to purge those large report!

hanspecial :cn: (BOB member since 2009-09-29)