BusinessObjects Board

Simple report... file size too large

I have a simple BO XI R2 report, 2 A4 pages, only (and little) text, no graphics/charts… and the report has 63MB :shock:

I saved the report using another name, no change.

There are no unused variables or the like. 6 data providers. ~55 variables, ~110 constants.

Why is this report that big?

Thanks!

SFL (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

Not sure if “List of Values” get stored with the report, you can give it a try and see if there are too many LOVs defined in those data providers…

Max

chavan_ma :india: (BOB member since 2007-03-02)

After clicking on “View Data” -> “Purge” for all data providers I could shrink the filesize from 60MB to 500KB.

However, this doesn’t work with another report having the same problem; I already purged the data providers and even deleted all data providers, the file size remain at 60MB… for some cells with text.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a solution at BO TechSupport.

Any ideas?

SFL (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

I’ve got same problem, deski document is 25 MB, purging dataproviders content does not affect the file size, neither the deletion of reports.

Please help.

MRdeWit (BOB member since 2008-04-18)

See this.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

I have a similar problem.
A BO 5.1 report of 800kb was updated to BOXI. I don’t think any dataproviders where removed, they were edited and the layout of the report was changed a bit. Tables were changed to crosstabs etc., nothing dramatic. When the report was saved, with all data purged, the file size was 10MB.
Is there really no other way to solve this, other then rewriting the report?

SilentBob :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-09-28)

This is getting stranger by the minute.
I build the report again, from scratch, in XI making sure the filesize stays low. Now it’s about 300KB, which is even a little smaller then the BO 5 version (maybe used a bit less variables, what ever).
Only now when we do an export to the repository, the filesize on the repository shows 10MB.

I read here that there was a bug in BO 6.5 and there was some patch for it. Would this work or is there something like it for BO XI (Report manager 11.5.0.0)?

SilentBob :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-09-28)