BusinessObjects Board

Report running endlessly

Hi! I’m currently running Business Objects 6.1a. I have a small problem with a report that doesn’t stop running when scheduled under the Broadcast Agent Scheduler Console.

The report is scheduled for once a day in the morning. It refreshes then runs some vba code which exports the report in .xls format followed by e-mailing the .xls to certain recepients. It does everything it’s supposed to do, however it doesn’t end. Instead of a “Success”, the report still has “Running” under the status, even though the report has nothing left to do.

I know it isn’t a problem with the VBA code, because I’ve tried only refreshing the report through the scheduler console and it still didn’t end. However, could it be related to the suppression of user prompts?(Application.Interactive = True or = False in the Document After Refresh and Before Refresh events respectively)

Anyways if anyone could give me a hand it would be most appreciated. If I’ve left out any important details feel free to ask. Thanks!

dryluck (BOB member since 2005-08-09)

HI ,
I got the same problem but in my VB code when I set Doc = nothing it worked
look this example here it may help you

I got this rom ice on BOB.
Let me know weather it worked
Raj

Rajfrom2050 (BOB member since 2005-08-03)

Thanks for your reply Raj,

but I think I should have given more details. The report is e-mailed through an application called blat. So the VBA code used to e-mail is basically just a shell command, that runs the blat.exe. (ie. Shell(“c:\blat.exe [message] [to] [from] [attachments]”) <-- not actual format but just to get the idea behind it.)

So setting the doc = nothing won’t have any effect. Although I’m sure it would’ve helped if I could use Lotus Notes instead.

dryluck (BOB member since 2005-08-09)

I’m confused because first you stated:

If so, then I would check the VBA code as previously stated. You need to properly end the VBA code. The suggestion has nothing to do with Lotus notes. There are some good examples in the SDK forum to compare your code to.

Michele Pinti (BOB member since 2002-06-17)