BusinessObjects Board

Repointing Aliased tables to other tables

I am struggling in Information Design Tool 4.2 to get an easy job done but cannot believe this is not possible.

I have 7 Oracle tables which I all have aliased. The tables are in Oracle scheme X.

Some things have changed in Oracle. We now have those 7 tables in database scheme Y.

I imported the 7 tables again. As a last step I want the Aliases I already had to point to the 7 new tables. This is where I got stuck!

I tried to find where I can tell those aliases to look at another table. I remember this was very easy in Designer / Universe Design Tool :slight_smile: The reason to make an alias in the past was just having the ability to change to another table without rebuilding joins, contexts an objects…

Anyone a solution?

TurningPointHolland :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)

In Data Foundation select the Aliased table. Depending on your layout you may need to unhide the Properties pane (by default is at bottom of screen)
From here you will see the Original Table name with a button to bring up list of all tables so that you can change the base table for the alias
alias.JPG

buzz :australia: (BOB member since 2005-08-12)

Hi Buzz,

Thanks very much! I hide that pane by default. But is it there! Finally!

:lol: :wink:

TurningPointHolland :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)

Is this possible to do in Information Design Tool 4.3? I am not able to find any way to “repoint” the alias Original Table. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, how do you unhide the Properties pane (in 4.3)?