BusinessObjects Board

Remove Timestamp from a date range prompt in webi

Hi,

I have a webi report based out of BeX Query. I have a date prompt which is a range. The report works absolutely fine. I used the UserResponse function to show the date report is run for. i have only one date formula which accepts a range. I cannot create a new prompts like Start Date & End Date. The user response function shows TIMESTAMP in the range. (12/01/2015 12:00:00 AM - 12/05/2015 12:00:00 AM)
I tried many different formulas like FormatDate / ToDate to remove timestamp but nothing worked. Can someone help me in removing timestamp in a date range ?

Thank
AT

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are trying to accomplish? At a high level you need to convert your UserResponse string to a date and then format it without the time…

=ToDate(UserResponse(“Your Prompt Text”); “MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss a”)

Noel

2023-04-18_12-35-49
I have a posting date in my prompt criteria & use UserResponse(“Posting Date”). This Posting Date is a range variable that comes from a BeX Query. Unfortunately I cannot use 2 variables for start & end date.
I want to format this date range by removing the timestamp.

AT

If the time will always be “12:00:00 AM” use the Replace() function to replace it with nothing. Note I am also getting rid of the space in front of the time.

=Replace([Var Date Range With Time]; " 12:00:00 AM"; “”)

Noel

Good god, why didn’t I think of Replace function. Thanks much Noel.

1 Like

Sometimes you just cannot see the forest for the trees. :grin:

Have a good day.

1 Like