BusinessObjects Board

Regarding Migration of Live Office Web I reports Prod

Hello All,

I am on BO 4.0; And my dashboard is using 6 Live office connections that are based off some 6 reports. The dashboard and reports everything are there in PROD
Now I modified the those reports to use UNX universe instead of .UNV. But during this process the CUID of the reports changed. And there is no futher change to my dashboard.

What will be the impact of my dashboard in prod if I just migrate the reports (from QA) to the very same folder as in PROD and overwrite the existing reports but with different CUID. Will my Live office connections be intact in dashboard? Will my dashboard in prod work fine.

I dont want to promote reports along with the dashboard. Please suggest if there is any better way to promote :crazy_face: .

Thanks in advance

romanb4u :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-02)

Have the reports already been promoted to Prod?
Are they still linking to the universe in QA and running ok?
Is the dashboard still working in QA?
Have you tested a promotion from Dev to QA?
Why don’t you want to promote the reports again from QA to Prod? Quite a simple process to add them to the promotion job.

I would think that the dashboard would still be ok as it’s connecting to the existing reports that would have the same CUID, it’s only the Universe that changed CUID.

It would be the Webi reports that I would want to test.

kapittock :australia: (BOB member since 2006-01-24)