BusinessObjects Board

Reg moving SAP BO as well as SAP BODS to SAP cloud

Hi Guys,

We had a requirement where we need to move present environment as it is to SAP Cloud which includes SAP BOBJ (Reporting part) as well as SAP BODS (ETL Jobs).
Here we did a bit research from our end and got to know that SAP BO Reporting part which includes Universe and all is a bit easy. But we did not get any documents or blogs for moving SAP BODS to cloud.

Here we have lot of questions like,

1. Is it possible.
  2. If it is possible, then what are the basic requirements like which version it will support, what are the price constraints (means will they cost for each data loads as well or only for the data we stored at the end.)
  3. What are the steps involved which we need to take care of before we move the whole ETL environment.

Please let me know your suggestions or any documents you have will be really helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandrasekhara

First step is to contact your account manager at SAP (the person you renew your licencing through).

It may be SAP or a third party, but either way they will know your circumstances better and be able to give you a far more accurate answer than we can.

1 Like

For the reporting portion, when you say SAP Cloud, is that the same thing as SAP Analytics Cloud? Or do you mean a hosted Business Objects environment (I think its called SAP BusinessObjects Private Cloud Edition).

I do believe the private cloud edition has an option for a hosted Data Services environment but I have never used it myself.

Hi Bension,

We are looking for Private cloud edition itself but about the Data Services environment option, we did not get any document on that to study.

If you have docs related to that, can you provide me for further study.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Chandrasekhara.

Sorry, don’t have more specific info. I did find this blog post which isn’t very helpful but it does says BODS is available in the private cloud edition.