BusinessObjects Board

Refresh Structure with DB PostgreSQL 8.2 does not work

Good Morning,

We have a problem with the “Refresh structure” of the universe that points to a postgresql 8.2 database.
For each addition of columns in a table, the command “Refresh structure” returns the following error “The selected tables are not found.”
We have opened several cases to support BO but we did not have a solution .

So, only solution is that we remove and we reinsert the table for showing the new columns.
We are forced to recreate all joins and the table, that is evolving constantly, has more than 50 joins (some was made with a complex sql script) with an high error’s risk .

We are looking for a macro’s script that insert automatically this list of joins when we reload this table.

Environnement
Repository Oracle 10G
Windows 2003 Server Engine BO
Database postrgresql 8.2
BO XIR3.0
test version XIR3.1a sp4 (same problem)

thank you

cordially

Albert LAHMI et Daniele GENTILE

albert.lahmi@Cegedim-srh.com
daniele.gentile@Cegedim-srh.com

daniele.gentile :it: (BOB member since 2004-05-24)

Daniele,

hi!

has this been resolved?

I’m having same problem and would be delighted if you could share some light.

Thanks!
Benny

bennygene (BOB member since 2005-04-14)

Have seen this couple of moths ago, it’s a bug, an enhancement request was created and ADAPT assigned, most likely this problem will be solved in Fp 4.2… The only thing that you can do here is to reinsert the table :expressionless:

Antremons (BOB member since 2006-03-21)

Hi!

I just want to share the work around I found for this bug.

Just create a new connection for the same database and point the universe to the new connection and refresh structure everything should be picked up.

You can revert back to the old connection if required.

Hope this help.
BennyGene

bennygene (BOB member since 2005-04-14)

I’ve already face this problem. In fact, there are lots of problem between BO and postgresql, using jdbc or odbc, because it seems they didn’t really test it.
You can improve some fonctionnality by editing postgresql.prm file in jdbc or odbc folder. Here is mine configuration section :

PostgreSQL Y " YES Y YES YES Y YES ANSI_92 YES || UNION YES UNION INTERSECT YES INTERSECT EXCEPT YES EXCEPT YES Y Y ||' '|| Q N Y Y YES YES {\d 'yyyy-mm-dd'} . COALESCE

Blue parameters will solve your problem and allow you to use both upercase and lowercase in table or column name. But first, you’ll have to add " around all name (schema, table, column).

Be carefull of Orange parameter, by default, it is duplicate with opposite value and it will disturb the declaration of primary key.

Default Red parameter’s value is wrong, there is a orthographic fault.

With all the parameter, everything is ok except that you can’t use foreign key in dimension and sql function in the definition of indicators …

I’m working with SAP support on this.

Marcsup :fr: (BOB member since 2009-03-27)

Hi,

Thanks, but what about the Postgresql.prm file within BI Platform 4.0 ?
It has different parameters etc, so what if I want to do the same configuration as you proposed here above ?

kr,
Mike

snooms :belgium: (BOB member since 2011-09-12)

Hello,

I have the same issue, impossible to refresh structure because the technical system query sent to the Posgres database write the table name with capital letters :
where contype = ‘f’
and conrelid = c.oid
and relname = 'REFERENTIEL’
and n.oid = c.relnamespace
and n.nspname = ‘public’
If I take the same query an replace with ‘referentiel’, it works… :frowning:

But I don’t understand the way you resolve it.
About your prm file configuration, you speak about blue, orange ou red color, but the text is only black in this forum :wink:
Can you explain one more time please?

Here is an extract of my prm file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> PostgreSQL YES YES NO YES INNER JOIN YES ...