BusinessObjects Board

Referencing List in variable

Hi All

I am quite new to business objects, I use the web intelligence InfoView version and do not have rights to use sql. I currently have to edit some reports that have the same lists in different variables. Is there a way to create a list that all the variables can refer to.
For example i have the following variable:

=If(IsNull(Sum([Variable 1] Where ([Variable 2]=“Active” And([Variable 3]InList(“7730”;“7976”;“7639”;“7875”;“7315”;“7938”;“7937”;“7936”)))));0;Sum([Variable 1] Where ([Variable 2]=“Active” And(Variable 3))))

and i would like:
=If(IsNull(Sum([Variable 1] Where ([Variable 2]=“Active” And([Variable 3]InList([List of Codes])))));0;Sum([Variable 1] Where ([Variable 2]=“Active” And([Variable 3]([List of Codes])))))

Is this possible?

kingdt (BOB member since 2012-05-31)

Are you asking for a list of values to be passed to the variable or to create a list of all values the variable is already refering in the inlist operator
In either case you can have a look at this utility if it helps you

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Apologies, i meant for the variable to refer to a user defined list.
What i was hoping to do was create another variable with just the list, and then the other variables can refer to that one.

I use the Webi version of BO, and my user rights are quite low, due to shortage of licenses, not sure if that program will help.

kingdt (BOB member since 2012-05-31)

Are you doing this because you are using the lists in multiple places, and don’t want to have to edit them? If that’s the case, create variable “lists” like this…

Step 1. Create a variable called [List 1] or whatever you like to call it that looks like this:

=if [Variable 3] InList ("7730";"7976";"7639";"7875";"7315";"7938";"7937";"7936") Then 1 else 0

Then your other variables / formulas can reference this as:

=If blah blah blah AND [List 1] = 1 Then ...

Now if you ever have to change the list of codes for list #1, you only have to edit the one variable and the changes will propagate throughout your report. Does this make sense, and more importantly, does it solve your problem?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)