BusinessObjects Board

Real Time Services are slow on peak load

Hi, We are on 4.2 version of SAP Data services on windows machine. We have two machines used exclusively for Address Cleansing. We are seeing some slowness at very high volume. We did increase the number of Max and Min Instance of Real time services to 4. Still when I click on process ID then I see that the “Maximum processing time (milliseconds) 30962” is 30 seconds. This is for newly started instance at time when we don’t have high load. I would like to understand what to do if increasing this setting is not working. Attached screen has other settings.

I think the architecture if when we call real time service for address cleansing then Access server will send request to one of the al_engine started based on Max/Min settings. Does this al_engine talks to Address Directories directly and send result back to Access server which sends it back to calling program? How we can improve or troubleshoot performance issue with real time services?

This does not means that everytime we are seeing this 30 second response time. Many time it is within milliseconds. But sometime it is in 10 or so seconds.

Thanks,

Kalpesh
RealTImeService.zip (27.0 KB)

Architect2009 (BOB member since 2005-10-26)