BusinessObjects Board

Reading Data from Social Networking Sites

Hi,
I have a scenario wherein i have to do sentiment analysis for twitter data.
So How to read data from social networking sites using Business object data services?

Thanks,
DbUoRdAsI

DbUoRdAsI :india: (BOB member since 2012-05-08)

Batch or realtime? Do you want to pull all Twitter data or should all incoming Twitter data be fed into this transform constantly?

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

I want to do this in real time. All incoming Twitter data should be sent to the TDP tranform constantly.

Thanks

Hi Werner,

I tried to configure custom adapter to extract the data from Twitter for my project requirement, but i could not configure the adatpter in BODS 4.0. If I upgrade BODS to 4.1, can i extract data from twitter without custom adapter?.

Do we have any in-built functionality to extract data from social networking sites in BODS 4.1?

Pls suggest…

Thanks

Hi Werner ,
I also have the same concern.
We are giving POC to our one of client using his static data .
But how can we connect our BODS directly to any website for dynamic or new data…?

Regards,
Kamal Kumar

kamal264 :india: (BOB member since 2013-01-25)

What is your source? An http web page??? A RSS feed??

I have a Twitter Adapter running. It is not production ready yet but I can send you the source code.

Hi werner Please send that adapter.
My email id is kamal1707264@gmail.com

kamal264 :india: (BOB member since 2013-01-25)

Hi,

Can it be available publicaly??

I have tried with RSS
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/RSS+feed+to+Data+Services+via+batch

sjain :india: (BOB member since 2009-04-17)

Oh, very nice!
Can you answer one thing for me, I haven’t found the answer myself yet but did not look hard either:

How does RSS know what messages you got already? Yesterday I read the news from 1 to 500, today I want to get 501 to 600. Is there some kind of “delta” or do you simply read pages of RSS lines and stop once you reached one you got already; data is sorted by insert/update date???

Hi Werner,

Will it be possible for you to make twitter adapter publicly available?

Thanks

bodevXI (BOB member since 2006-05-09)

Hey Kamal…
Did u get the adapter for twitter from Werner.

Can you plz share it? I have been trying this thing for quite a few days but no success yet.
:frowning:

achinank (BOB member since 2012-08-28)

Download the SAP Data Services 4.1 Blue Prints for text analysis - you will find the required UDT in there.

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

Blueprint has UDT only for twitter. If JSONAdaptor can be used for Twitter,RSS Feed,Facebook.

bodevXI (BOB member since 2006-05-09)

There is no adapter available as part of blueprint. There is a job to bring in data from twitter but that too is very complex.

I someone can help me understand that job, it would be very good.

Also i am asking again for the adapter code if anyone has it. I t would be great favour.

achinank (BOB member since 2012-08-28)

There is no predefined ‘adapter’ nor do you need one. The code is all there in the Blue Print. It is not complex at all. If you take the time to print the code, divide it in sections and read it, you will see that it is a very basic piece of code to:

1. read the data from input fields and create a search list
  2. cycle through the search list and for each search term create a http connection to the Twitter search API
  3. receive the JSON reply and cycle through those lists and extract the relevant information
  4. while cycling through the Twitter data, build the UDT output record set

You can use this code or just the general concept to extract data from any JSON service.

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)