BusinessObjects Board

Rapid Mart Target Store Configuration

During Installation of Rapid Mart the Target Data Store is created with respect Oracle Database. But my target database is SQL Server 2005. Also I have supplied SQL Server 2005 Data Store during installation but still it created all the target metadata table Oracle equivalent. Is something i am missing or can anybody help me by provding information around this.

Thanks,
K. Hariprasada

khbhat (BOB member since 2008-03-06)

All Rapid Marts are shiped wtih Oracle as default target database configuration. To switch to Sql Server configuration, Use Rapid Mart target datastore Edit option; There are 3 confiturations for each Rapid mart avaiable: Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2.

Thanks,

Svetlana

smaxon (BOB member since 2009-05-31)

Thanks for the Information. But once you installed the RM I will not be able to edit the Data Store in DI Designer for database changes. Only I can do here change the connection name, username, password etc.

During Installation of RM it ask for Target Database for creating tables etc and type of repository for ETL files and eventhough supplying this information still the RM creats the Data Store with Oracle as Target Database. Here I didn’t find anyway to avoid this and set the data store for SQL Server 2005 as target database. Due to this we requires lot of manual work to make the target data store as SQL server equivalent etc.

Thanks for any suggestions or am i missing something here during installation.

Thanks,
K. Hariprasada

In the datastore, click on “Advanced” → “Edit Configuration”

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com:443/wiki/display/BOBJ/Datastore+Configurations

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Hi Werner Daehn,

Thanks for the reply and it is great help. I am just wondering whether the RM is always supplied with default data store configuration as Oracle or I can change this to SQL Server 2005 during RM installation. Basically I don’t want to do the manual changes of editing the data store and configure it for SQL server 2005. I am hesitate to do this to tamper the RM supplied ETL codes.

Also one more point is after editing the data store (where i can change to SQL Server 2005 target database) the owner name for all the meta data table still shows oracle schema name (RM_DS.RM_USER.). Is there any way to change the owner name to (RM_DS.DBO.) in my case.

In the advanced tab, you create an alias for RMUSER to be change to dbo during the runtime.

The entire idea of a RapidMart is to give you a jumpstart but you modify it to your needs. I fully understand you hesitate doing that, but once you get more familiar with the tool, you will make your changes for sure. So go ahead, don’t be scared… :yesnod:

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Thanks Werner Daehn.

Hi Werner,

we have installed a new rapid mart (IA) to a client site which already has Sales (SA) running. After the installation, the Sales_Load_FACTS_SAP DELTA execution gives an error:

|Session Sales_Load_FACTS_SAP|Function AW_StartJob
Function call <sql ( RM_TARGET_IA_DS, select STATUS from AW_JOBEXECUTION where

operation <OCIStmtExecute>: <ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>.>.

How should the data stores be configured? Or should there be a re-install of RM IA made ?

BR
SFP

suomifinlandperkele (BOB member since 2013-06-13)

I’m not sure that you have a configuration issue. The error message seems to be indicating a missing table. Have you tried looking for table AWJOBEXECUTION in the databse that is referenced by datastore RM_TARGET_IA_DS?

Nemesis :australia: (BOB member since 2004-06-09)