BusinessObjects Board

Query Results in CMC --Export to CSV- 4.2 SP6

Hi, All

I can see list of reports pointing to specific universe in CMC.

CMC–Universes–>Right click on Universe–>Tools–Check Relationships–Query Results window open and can see list of reports pointing to the universe along with additional infomraiton such as Folder, Data level security, connection, access level of the universe.

Trying to export universe details from Query results into CSV but not able to. I login as an Administrator.

How to make ‘Export to CSV’ option enable in Query Results application in CMC?

We are in 4.2 SP6.

Thank you for the help!

MIUSA (BOB member since 2011-05-01)

Can’t do it in CMC, but you might be able to create a WebI report using the “BI on BI” universe, then export the results of the report.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Never worked (for me) in CMC.
Yes, the new BI 4.2 should have a “BI on BI universe”, so that may help.

There’s something else : search for “BIclever” ( I think it’s a dot-com site) and test their “freeware tools” : windows programs who can either “analyse” your universes (unv or unx) OR the CMC through … making the QueryBuilder results exportable.

Yoy need the BI libraries on your machin, but as an admin or developer you probably have them.

It worked really well, though SOME options can have your desktop and/or your server “choke” on the mere load of analysis.

IIRC, the tool you are looki,g for is named “CMS query builder”
The web-version included in CMS is “query builder” or “BI query Builder”, but has lousy export facilities.
( though in some browsers “copy all page” and then “paste into wordprocessor” may work. And could be then scripted (vim, emacs, some wordpad extensions … ) to “clean it up”.

RensH :belgium: (BOB member since 2007-06-18)

With the ‘button’ export to CSV unavailable it seems useless that it cannot be switched on otherwise it might as well be a banner that says ‘SAP DUMMY Button’

BarkyBaloo (BOB member since 2007-07-04)

Export to CSV only for security queries (not for raltionship queries) in 4.2 SP4

Thanks

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

I just submitted this as an improvement request in Customer Influence.

Just need some votes… hint hint hint. :+1:

Seagrass (BOB member since 2014-11-18)

Same problem here.

If you can not export the result why is the button over there? :roll_eyes:

TurningPointHolland :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)