BusinessObjects Board

QaaWS and concurrent queries

Hi there,

XI 3.1, Linux install, MySQL repository and DB

we have a built a Java application have utilises QaaWS to read and return records from a mySQL database.

We notice that when we use the application on two different workstations, that the SELECT queries are effectively queued rather than being run concurrently i.e. the second SELECT does not iniate until the first one completes

(Does QaaWS need it’s own subforum?)

jemstar :ireland: (BOB member since 2006-03-30)

to my knowledge, the QaaWS connections would get executed sequentially. There is no mechanism to make QaaWS to run in parallel. I have a dashboard having 5 QaaWS and observed the individual time of execution and all 5 QaaWS’s connection. Ex: If each QaaWs runs in 1 minute, my total refresh time would be around 5 minutes…

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

Apologies - I should I posted the resolution…

There is no issue with QaaWS…

To run concurrent MySQL queries on a Linus platform, you have to add “Threading= 0” to the odbc.ini and copy odbc settings to the odbcinst.ini" file

That’s great.

Few questions:

1. Why do you need to run the QaaWS concurrently? Is it because of performance?

2. What was the run time before making this change and after making this change?

3. Is the change available only for MySQL? I’m using Teradata. How do I make the changes in order to execute them on concurrent basis?

Thank you.

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

We used the QaaWS to service a custom interactive java application that we built, so over 100 users running queries all the time.

Run time was about 5-10 seconds per query

Don’t know about teradata…but it does appear to have both odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files