BusinessObjects Board

Prompts appearing very slow.

I have created a report that contains about 35 data providers. most of these dataproviders take a few seconds to run when run individually. it is a rather large report with 2 prompts. when exported to infoview, the report takes 2 minutes just for the prompts to appear. it runs fairly quickly in full client. when i hit run in full client, i do notice that it says updating data at the bottom, once for every data provider it seems. it does this very quickly and the prompts then appear. i have a feeling this may be related to why the report’s prompts take 2 minutes to appear when exported to infoview. does anyone know how i can get these prompts to appear faster? how do i elminate the “updating data” message im getting when i first run the reports in full client? i figure there has to be a setting somewhere that im missing.

i read this post from a while ago:

it talks about this very issue but the suggested solution does not work. thanks in advance for the help.

rlmbooz (BOB member since 2004-11-19)

Are your LOV’s associated to those prompts set to auto refresh - this is generally slow on webi as it rebuilds those lov files before prompting.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

I actually took out the LOV files all together. It is still taking just as long to generate. Any other ideas?

Thanks much.

It’s using BOManager which ppl generally assign less resources to.
Unless you’re using a dedicated box for FC?
I think establishing all the connections are probably slowing things down - how have you set them all up - async/synch, etc?

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

I can’t find the setting for this in 6.5. Did BO take this option out? Is there a hidden setting for it somewhere?

Thanks.

Anyone?

how did you take the LOVs out? There’s a good chance you just reset them to use the default “Select Distinct”…

Can you trace your database activity? That’s usually the best way to debug what’s happening in these cases.

Good luck,
Brent

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)