BusinessObjects Board

Prompt information for Scheduled reports

Hi everyone,

Does BOBJ capture information related to prompts in webi reports?

We got a requirement to capture all the reports that run (adhoc or scheuled) for specific prompts. 1) A particular Org Code and 2) Any report that run for more than 12+ months date range

I checked in the Audit universe and also tried below queries on Query Builder but, I didn’t see any Prompt object related details, expect for the column (SI_HAS_PROMPTS) that just give where there are prompts or not
SELECT TOP 100000 * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_RECURRING=1
SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_RECURRING=1 AND SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS=1

This information has to get store somewhere in the Audit or, CMS DB right? Or, is it a limitation with BOBJ?

Any directive on how to get prompt information, especially for scheduled instances is really helpful.

Thanks,
Sridhar

The prompt information can be stored in the Audit database but you have to make sure that it is selected as one of the things to record in the Auditing configuration. This applies to BI4.2 and higher. You don’t specify your version.

1 Like

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. We are on version 4.2 SP09. In the Common Events section if Auditing we did select Prompt but, we don’t see any prompt related info captured for the adhoc runs.

For scheduled instances, does it even get captured in Audit DB? Especially, for recurring instances, it is not executed right? If my understanding is incorrect, can you guide me on where I can find this info in the Audit universe?

Thanks in advance

I’m not entirely sure. I just know that I have seen Prompt Event Details in our audit database that have corresponding values. I have looked into exactly where they come from and when they are generated.

Gotcha. Thank you for your inputs

Both scheduled and ad-hoc runs should be in the auditing database.