BusinessObjects Board

Promotion Management: Security Rights Violation encountered

Dear All,

A few of our promotion managment users have been complaining that they are unable to existing promote universe(s) from DEV to QA.

They were able to successfully promote new one, but the promoting the existing ones is failing with the error details:

Resolution Status=Overwritten, Dependency Status=Some of the required dependencies are not selected., Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Security right violation encountered.

Recently one of the users who complained created and ran a promotion job for promoting 2 universes from the same folder(1 new universe which does not exist in the destination, 1 which already exists in the destination).

The promotion job was partial success; new universe has been copied while the overwriting of existing failed with details:

Resolution Status=Overwritten, Dependency Status=Some of the required dependencies are not selected., Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Security right violation encountered.

Not sure, what is causing the failure. To analyse I ran a security query against the failed universe in source and destination, I see all the needed rights are granted(see attachments Source Universe Rights and Destination Universe Rights).

Can some suggest me which right is missing?
Promotion Job User Rights on Universe.zip (164.0 KB)

yaravinds9 (BOB member since 2009-09-15)

One of our users got a similar error-message. In our case we had to grant her two extra rights.

Check if the user-account that runs the Promotion job has at least following rights been granted on the Universe folder and Connection Folder on the destination Business Objects server:
Rights Collection; Type; Right Name
General; General; Add Objects to the folder
General; General; Edit Objects

Tim Janssen (BOB member since 2004-09-10)

I know its a 2 year old post but our users are also getting the same error even after adding these two rights.

Any other thoughts?

venp81 (BOB member since 2012-05-07)