BusinessObjects Board

Printing out/listing contents of a Universe?

Hello

The Universes we use at work are quite complex. We rarely know where we are looking in them to pull information from them!!! I suppose that will come with more experience in using them.

In the interim it would be nice to have a print out/file so we can see what is in each Universe?

Is that possible?

TIA … Mick

mickfitz (BOB member since 2009-10-21)

Hi,

You can save a universe into a PDF format. Just open the universe in Designer, and go to menu File - Save As and select PDF format

Or you can use this utility to document the universe:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks for the reply. Pretty sure we don’t have ‘Designer’ at work.

I’m hoping there’s another way of doing it from within Infoview?

Mick

mickfitz (BOB member since 2009-10-21)

I am not aware of doing a universe documentation from Infoview :nonod:

There should be someone in your organization that develops and administers your universes. That person definitely has BO Designer. Can you ask them to help you with the universe documentation?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Is there a way to get the “Tables List” used in an universe without having to print them or print it as an image by using Microsoft’s Image Writer? We use many tables in the Universe and i wanted the list of tables in an Excel or a MS Word. Having to type it in from a hard print out is quite painful.

edyl (BOB member since 2005-10-03)

I said:

The answer to this is printing out in PDF and copying it from there to text…simple as that…i apologize for bothering folks out here with something as simple as this… :oops:

The better solution was linked earlier in the topic… there is a utility in the BOB’s Downloads area that will allow you to extract all of the information in a universe and store it in Excel.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thank you.