BusinessObjects Board

Previous version XLF not opening in BI 4.2

Hello Friends,

We recently upgraded our BO server and client tools from BI 4.0 SP12 to BI 4.2 SP2, including the Dashboard tool.
After the upgrade, one of the dashboard is working fine, but another doesn’t open at all in the tool. It displays the following message:

“Could not load this file. It may be corrupt or have features that cannot be supported by this version of Dashboards.”

At first I thought it could be something to do with the theme, as that is a major point of difference between the two dashboards. But couldn’t find anything towards that line of reasoning. The corrupt dashboard uses “Elan” theme, whereas the working-one uses “Graphite” theme, and both are available in the BI 4.2 version.

Please note that SWF works fine for both in BI Launchpad of BI 4.2 server. It’s only the XLF file for the corrupt one which is not opening in the Dashboard client tool.

Please help!

Regards,
Isha

mehak83 (BOB member since 2011-06-28)

FYI: I have had XLF files become corrupt for no know reason (fortunately I keep backups).

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

Thanks for your reply, kevlray.
We also do keep backups of our XLFs, and not just one but multiple copies. Sometimes, I keep a separate copy for each day while they are still in development.
The thing is that none of those copies are opening in 4.2.
This same dashboard is running fine on the launchpad, but when I try to open it in the tool by using “Open from the Platform” then again it doesn’t open.

OK, had a word with the SAP support. Scorecards are the culprit, no surprises there! But the thing that did surprise me was that the dashboard which is working fine in 4.2 also has a few scorecards, and yet it didn’t give any trouble at all. To which, they said that it’s an intermittent issue.
We have been given two choices now - Either delete all of our scorecards by opening in the previous version, or install Patch 3 of 4.2 SP2
Let’s see how it goes…