BusinessObjects Board

Ports used by BCA server

Hi All,

One of my production BCA server is moving to a different location and we need to figure out the ports which are all used by BCA server.

I checked in the Admin guide but did not get much information.

Other than the usual oracle ports of : 1521/1526 and OSAgent port:5099, does it uses any other?

Your help is much appreciated in this.

Regards
Ravi

panyamravi (BOB member since 2009-06-19)

Go old school, run netstat and watch while the BCA is running. Netstat -b should show you the programs running and on what ports - pipe that to a file, easier to dig into later.

Netstat -? for all options, play around… Add > filename.txt to put your output into a file, just in case you’ve not used that before.

Just a thought,
Brent

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi bdouglas,

Thanks for the reply. I checked in the way you suggested and found that there are many instnaces/ports are being used.

For clarity , we are using the BCA 5.5 server. So, after moving the server to different location(different network) , do we need to ensure that the same ports which are in use earlier should be “open” here as well in the new n/w configuration?

Also do you have an idea on “Whether Win3k supports BCA 5.5 server”?

Regards
Ravi

panyamravi (BOB member since 2009-06-19)

Those ports may change - if you have a way of loading the BCA and then letting your network folks know what you get, you may have better luck.

I’m betting you are way off of BO’s supported platform with that combination, but I would bet you can make it work - much luck!

B

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

[Moderator Note: Moving from General Discussion to Web Intelligence 6.x Servers]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)