BusinessObjects Board

Please use Code formatting

Just as a general hint for this area… when you post code samples, please be sure to use the “Code” formatting. It’s really very easy. Simply copy and paste your code (or type it in, either way works). Then highlight the code sample with your mouse and press the Code button on the toolbar just above where you are entering your post. That will take this:

sub Main()
Dim intSomeVar as Integer
intSomeVar = 42
blah blah blah
end sub

And turn it into this:

sub Main()
   Dim intSomeVar as Integer
   intSomeVar = 42
   blah blah blah
end sub

The two code segments were entered exactly the same. But with the Code formatting applied the indenting is preserved, plus it makes it easier to read your code. Thanks! 8)

Note: the highlight and click may not work for older versions of Netscape. In that case, you can enter the code markers by hand.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Dave, Can you please help me with this ? …

I have a Web application which is trying to just display the list of reports. For this, my application needs to communicate with the BO server. ( This is my impression based on the customization that I did in BO 6.x).

There are some files that BO recommends to copy into WEB-INF/classes folder. I did that.

When I deploy the application and lauch it, I get the login page. When I enter the user, password and hit submit, the application fails. So, how do make sure that my application is connecting to the BO XI R2 Server ?

Earlier, we used two files to do this. The config.xml and webi.properties. In XI R2 how do we establish a connection between our Web application and BO XI R2 Applicaton ? Which configuration file in our WEB Application specifies where the XI R2 is installed and how to communicate with that.

DryIce (BOB member since 2004-05-14)

I hope you have copied the required lib files in your web-inf/lib directory? As far as I know these libraries are required to login to BO server.

~SPY

Swapnil_Yavalkar (BOB member since 2012-03-15)