BusinessObjects Board

Periodic Web Service Error - - Internal Error "Cannot C

- Internal Error “Cannot Cast Class Java.Lang.Double to Class java.util.Date”

BO 4.1 Enterprise, SP8

Dashboards 4.2

We periodically have an error on a dashboard that is proving hard to trace. The web service is provided via a Webi report that is scheduled. The dashboard pulls the latest instance. From what we can see, no instances are failing…however we are periodically getting the below error. From research we can see that this is a conversion issue…but are unable to see what it is failing to convert. Any input appreciated.

- Internal Error “Cannot Cast Class Java.Lang.Double to Class java.util.Date”
Capture.JPG

fghs_1987 :uk: (BOB member since 2008-01-02)

Since it is periodic, have you examined the WEBI report source when the error occurs? Run the WEBI report and examine the dates in the WEBI table being published. It is possible that the date is a null date or maybe formatted differently causing the random error.

datawizard (BOB member since 2015-01-20)

I was also thinking it could be a regional setting somewhere, but definitely check any query date parameters as has already been suggested.

The fact it “sometimes” works would worry me as I would suspect there could be wrong results returned if a date British format 10/11/2017 is then converted into 11/10/2017 American format.

Obviously, in this particular example, this wouldn’t fail but could produce wrong results. It would fail on 18/01/2016, as the conversion would produce a nonsensical date.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)