BusinessObjects Board

password is expired

i have a user whose password is expired. so,i changed the password and informed him about the new password and enabled first login password change option and eventhough he is getting the same problem.

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)

which supervisor FC are you using ?

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Was the password simply expired, or had it been disabled? There is a separate checkbox (left side of the dialog box) that has to be cleared to re-enable an ID.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi,

Is the issue resolved? As Im facing a similar issue when i try to change the password over infoview. version which im using is BO 6.1

Thanks in adv…

Vignesh.

vignesh300592 (BOB member since 2015-10-13)

have a look in the supervisor module to see if the account is locked

Hi

Thank for your response!!

Yes the user was disabled, I tried to change the password for the user over Infoview. But when the user was asked to change the password at the first instance, he is getting the below error.
Error Message - Cannot change Password: Old Password is incorrect.

Vignesh.

ask your supervisor to reset your password as a given value

Hi

I am the supervisor and i am the one who is changing the pasword of the users… when the user tries to change the password during first login through infoview… This problem occurs.

But when the same is done through destop intelligence, there is no such problems.

6.1 was a bug-riddled version of BO that is not talked about in civilised society. This may be one of those many and varied bugs. At the very least, try and upgrade to 6.5.1

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

So right !