BusinessObjects Board

Passord Needed - Networking

Users intemittently get the above message pop up when using WEBI - they can’t then use it.

Server: www..com/

Realm : WebIntelligence

Scheme: basic

Username:

Password:

Anybody know what causes this? Any soultion (WEBI 2.7) ?

Many Thanks :?

philipo (BOB member since 2005-07-22)

We are getting a similar problem.

This seems to be caused by the java applet contained within each page when accessing an OLAP cube through the WebI interface.
(wi/olap/BrokerAgent.class)

It has only occured since the standard client build was changed to use the Sun Java 1.5 VM instead of the Microsft JVM. It occurs regularly for some users and not at all for others, even when logging in to BO on the same machine and from the same user’s network profile.

A bit of a mystery as the users in question have identical BO profile setup. There doesn’t appear to be a clear reason why the problem should occur for one user and not another.

I’ll post if I have any joy narrowing this down any further.

dellio39 (BOB member since 2005-01-04)

Thanks for the reply - this problem seems to have gone now. The server was being used heavily for other non-business objcets processes. Since this has stopped the problem seems to have gone. Co-incidence?

I haven’t been able to get any joy on this at all. I’d love to know why your problem just stopped.

Our server is exclusively for BO so I think maybe it was just coincidence in your case.

Which OS etc. are you running? We are on Windows 2000 Server, SP4. Also, we are on WebI 2.7.4.
I don’t suppose this will help but it’d be interesting to know.

dellio39 (BOB member since 2005-01-04)

We are running on UNIX (Solaris 8)

We are getting the exact same message now, i.e. a pop-up box saying

Server: www..com/

Realm : WebIntelligence

Scheme: basic

Username:

Password:

You select the universe to run a query against, it displays the query screen but before populating the ‘objects’ on the left for you to build your query it puts up the pop-up.

Clients affected are running either NT or XP with IE6 with SUN 1.5.0_02. If we use MS JVM the problem doesn’t happen. If we use the Light Java Applet with SUN the issue doesn’t appear to happen - only happens with SUN and the Full Java Applet.

On the server side we have just upgraded to WebI 2.7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4 and IIS 5.

Anybody please got any idea why this pop-up asking for credentials is popping up and what we can do to fix the problem please. Neither WebI ids\passwords nor Windows admin ids\passwords work.

Is there particular IIS config we should apply for IIS 5 or is it perhaps a problem between the Windows server and the Unix server when it tries to pull down the universe\universe version from the repository?

Thank you in anticipation.

cdbowles (BOB member since 2006-01-02)