BusinessObjects Board

oracle grants etc

Any oracle gurus still lurking here? I’m having a brain fart and missing something really obvious, I suspect…

Bobj UDT over Oracle 11g. Connection using warehouse login (not quite sys, but pretty close) and I can see all my tables in the dropdown. Connection using me and I’m missing a few. Can’t figure out why. I have grants and a public synonym on everything, so why am I not seeing all of them?

I have a very basic grasp on grants and synonyms. I’m not a DBA. What else should I be looking for to differentiate between the tables I can see and the ones that I can’t? If I can work out what is different, I am halfway to fixing it!

debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

hi Debbie,

are you trying to find those synonyms from a alphabetic order? Since oracle is case sensitive they may be at the bottom if they start with lowercase characters.

one more thing: these database objects you cant find, are names of longer than 30 characters? if so there may be another problem.

yusufsubasi88 (BOB member since 2020-04-21)

Not longer than 30 chars and no, it’s not a case-sensitivity issue. I can see it all in Oracle - just not in Bob when I call up list of tables in designer. If I switch the connection in designer to use the warehouse login, I can see them in the correct place in the list and add them in. But when I switch back to a user connection, Bob gives me a table not found error.

debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

There is a parameter in oracle.prm that determines whether or not synonyms are included in the table list. I would check that first.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

good point Joepeters, but actually it is in sbo file.

here Debbie, you can find it in this folder path:

…\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\oracle

there is a file named oracle.sbo, change paramater below to true.

True

you may need to change it in both client server and application server.

yusufsubasi88 (BOB member since 2020-04-21)