BusinessObjects Board

Open from WEBI

I have a Webi report as well as an Explorer report. Both are similar as they are reporting using the same universe and data.

My question is there a way when a user runs a Webi report which displays summary data to drill into it by opening up the Explorer report?

Thanks,

ColumbiaIT (BOB member since 2011-06-15)

If you are in XI 3.x as I am I tried this and kept getting an error. I don’t believe this is doable.
Not sure if you can do this in 4.0 but would love to see it happen.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

They have XI 3.x here and I read a post that looked like they used Explorer. I followed up but so far no response.
If and when I get a response I will post it here for you and anyone else interested in attempting to open or link to an Explorer report from within Webi

wish me luck :yesnod:

Okay, how about this question:
Is there a way to see or find out the DOCID of an Information Space?

This has to be stored somewhere in BO but if I right click on an Information space I don’t get any Property section.

Help !?

Just to reverse this questions,

I would like to know if opening up a webi report from explorer, is this possible… Assuming I have Summary data captures in explorer and I see the graphs like Bar, Chart etc…from there can I drill-out to webi report to view the details ??//

Thxs,
Suresh

suresh_srinivasan (BOB member since 2009-03-25)

I guess you must check it’s setting first…Go to the control panel and check whether it is enable or not…so it will helps to define the exact problem.

Adwords Management

AliceTimothy (BOB member since 2013-07-04)

Thanks, I was able to figure out how to link into BOE dataspace from within WEBI report.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Hi can i please know how to do this how to go to info spaces from webi?

toblerone65 (BOB member since 2009-08-21)

After inheriting explorer stuff to do trying to figure it out I came across this method of accessing an explorer report from WEBI

When you go to and create a hyperlink use URL

On the address it looks something like this:
http://server:8080/polestar/index.jsp?application=portal&documentId=4bf1b638-71bd-42cb-326e-f29aa39049de

The documentID is taken from the actual properties of the explorer report you stored in your repository.

Hope it helps; I’m trying to figure things out as well ongoing… :slight_smile: