BusinessObjects Board

Old Explorer Indexes not being Deleted

Hello,

We’re currently facing an issue where our Explorer Infospace indexing does not clear out the older indexed data automatically like it should.

Our current “Polestar” folder contains about 10GB of indexed data. Whenever an Explorer Infospace is indexed, the data is saved there…specifically in the folders below. Our Infospaces are all scheduled to index every night to refresh the data. Normally on a day-to-day basis, the older data is supposed to be deleted automatically. However, we’re finding every now and then that it stops deleting them. After a few days of not deleting the older indexes, our server disk space can quickly run out!

• \Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data\Polestar\index\XXX.PolestarSearch\Published\ExplorationIndexes
  • \Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data\Polestar\index\XXX.PolestarIndexing\Published\ExplorationIndexes
  • \Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data\Polestar\index\XXX.PolestarExploration\Published\ExplorationIndexes

I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why it is happening. The only workaround I’ve come up with is either stop and start the BusinessObjects servers through CCM or reboot the server. The old indexes are then automatically deleted.
Has anyone been faced with this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Our system:

• BusinessObjects Edge XI 3.1 SP4
  • Explorer 3.2 SP2

Thanks,
~Adam

azaghlool (BOB member since 2010-07-14)

Sorry to bump this post but has anyone be able to fix this issue?

I have the same problem.

Thanks
Ray

Rayden (BOB member since 2010-01-27)

Hi

did anyone got a solution to this problem, i am also having this problem.
please share if you have the solution . or anything useful

Thank you
imbelani

imbelani :south_africa: (BOB member since 2012-04-19)

Hi everyone,

Is there any solution of this problem. I have appr. 80 gb indexing data.

Thanks.

asfertis (BOB member since 2012-09-04)