BusinessObjects Board

OData V3,V4

Hello all. I am currently working on pulling information from a vendor utilizing the OData adapter. Currently, they are only sending information down in V3, whereas Data Services’s adapter only seems to support V1 and V2.

Are there any options outside of resorting to a more basic REST web service pull? Is there any way in which Data Services could make use of the Apache Olingo libraries?

Does anybody know if there are plans to support the newer formats?

Regards,
Dan

roth377 (BOB member since 2012-03-28)

I think V4 will be supported from SP06 Patch 3, available by end of this month or early Apr

if you have a WADL file for the service, you can try using Webservices REST datastore to pull the data

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Thanks for the follow-up. Unfortunately, the vendor is not able to supply a WADL file.

Which leads me to the follow questions:

1. Does a lack of WADL take out the ability to utilize REST
  2. Can we request a V2 format from with a V3 service (such as with a $format request) in such a way that Data Services would recognize it. Trying a $format=json in my webservice URL will not work, and I know of no way to manipulate the HTTP header request with the adapter.

Thanks,
Dan

Data Services need the request and response schema that you can use in the Dataflows, in case of RESTFul Webservices this is done from the WADL file, if you don’t have a WADL file from the service provider then you can use the sample input and output to generate the WADL using SoapUI or even create it manually and use that in DS RESTFul Datastore

If you are using RESTFul webservice then it doesn’t matter if it’s V2 or V3

DS 4.2 SP06 P3 is released, if you are consuming ODATA Service then use that with ODATA Adapter

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Thanks for your assistance thus far.

It appears new OData adapter still doesn’t support V3 (odata4j and Olingo libraries do not really support V3), so it appears REST may be the only way.

Bummer.