BusinessObjects Board

Number of Reports from a Particular Universe

Hello People,
Is it possible to find out the number of Reports created from a particular Universe in XI R2.
This is because, we were trying to figure out, if I make changes in a particular Universe (Objects), how many reports CAN get afftected.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad

Prasad Rasam (BOB member since 2006-10-30)

There are few way’s to get this done.

1. Use/Buy BO auditing. This will give a view of all the reports that have been refreshed for a given period. You will not get details about the objects inside a report and you will miss all documents that are never saved.

2. Buy BO Metadata Manager. Feed it all your universes and reports. And it will be able to tell you what the dependencies are.
    Ad-hoc and personal documents are not referenced

3. If you are using mainly deski get the Report parser from the BOB download site that Dwayne wrote. Not sure it can manage webi or crystal documents. You will have to specify which reports you want to add

4. Look for 3rd party solutions that provide either auditing or impact analysis. The best product will depend on what type of technology you are using (webi,deski,crystal, …) and the type of usage(central versus user created reports).

ClaireB :de: (BOB member since 2002-08-09)

Thanks Klaus;
We are mainly using DeskI reports. We had migrated from 6.5 to XI R2 and there was some discrepancy when we did the testing. It was observed that the objects are working fine in 6.5, however in XI R2, it is a problem. I was not sure to change it at the Universe level, as it might have affected the other reports (I did not create those Universes). So, was not sure what would be next… :crazy_face:

I tried to download Dwayne’s attachment, however that report does not open (No connection FRM0008).

Regards,
Prasad

Hi Prasad,

If you are using B.O. XI R2 an easier solution would be to do it with the Query Builder.

First you need to build a query that selects all the reports ID related to your universe. This is the query:

SELECT SI_NAME, SI_WEBI FROM CI_APPOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = 'UNIVERSE' AND SI_NAME='UNIVERS1'

* SI_NAME Filter on the name of your universe
* SI_WEBI Will return all the reports ID linked to the specified universe (Not Only Webi reports but all the reports even if the field is name SI_Webi)

After that with the list of the ID (SI_WEBI) from the query. Execute the following query:

SELECT SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_ID IN (1080387, 938366)

Make sure to filter on the Reports ID from 
SI_WEBI like I did

Regards,

Mannou

Mannou :tunisia: (BOB member since 2006-05-07)

Hi Mannou,
This is just what I was looking for…

Thanks a lot for your help…

Regards,
:smiley: Prasad :smiley:

when i use the above syntax i am getting the following error
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist and this error is corresponding to “CI_APPOBJECTS”. could anyone tell me how to get the information. Thanks

tensachin (BOB member since 2006-02-14)

Hi,

These queries must be run within the query builder.

Regards

Hi Prasad Rasam,

Check this Tool it will help you

it is called WID Scanner, it scan all your report and return a helpful information about each report including what universe is used in this report

i used it and it help me in my job , thanks for the Jbo

also you can view this topic

Help me in using WID Scanner?

all the best

DataAdmin :bahrain: (BOB member since 2006-08-23)

Hi Mannou,
In Query Builder I am trying to club these two queries into a single query but not able to do so, is it possible to do ? or has any one done that before ?

Thanks in Advance,
Vinod

vinodk (BOB member since 2006-12-01)