BusinessObjects Board

Number of records the database returned for dataprovider

I need to have this charachteristic after every Refresh event in SAP BO. In audit tables “Refresh” event has the event detail “Number of Rows” but it is for the whole report.
Is there any possibility to find this number for each dataprovider (in system tables, logs, etc)?
Thanks in advance.

Katsiaryna (BOB member since 2017-11-21)

That Refresh event that you see is by data provider, not the whole document.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

I’ll move this to the Auditor forum for you…Good Luck 8)

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

I’ve checked it, the detail Number of Rows (event_detail_type_id = 63) is unique for an event_id, which is generated for one Document, not Dataprovider. And if Document consists of several Dataproviders then Number of Rows is equal to sum of records’ numbers of all dataproviders.
Maybe we should use any special settings in CMC or I should look at another fields?

Yes, you are right. There are multiple event detail records for each data provider, but the total row count and size is only for the document. I believe this was different in XI3, in which each event was associated with a single data provider refresh.

I think the only way to get the information you want is to use the REST API to open each report and get the row count from the data providers.

Joe

Unfortunatelly it’s only for saved documents and only for last action :frowning: And my task is to get this number for all users’ actions.

Then I think your only other possible option would be to mine the WebI system logs. That would be ugly, and I’m not even certain that the information is there.

This would be a good idea for the new influence site: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/891