BusinessObjects Board

No Universe Domain is present in the Repository

Hey Guys,

I’m very new to BO. I have deleted the Universe domain from repository, thought I would be able to add it again later. But now i cannot add it as the message says that the type of repository for the connection already present. Can you guys please help me to resolve this issue.

tia!
Asish

asishdas1985 (BOB member since 2012-12-06)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Please let us know which BOBJ version and tool you use.

Thank you.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I’m currently user BO 6.5.1.

I have updated the database (script below) to get the Universe domain back to repository but it still has connection missing. And if I try to modify the Universe, it says “unable to change universe connection. oracle oci network layer is not available”.

update OBJ_M_REPOSITORY set M_REPO_N_LAD = 1324738356 , M_REPO_N_LAT = 1 where M_REPO_N_ID = 12

update OBJ_M_CONNECTION set m_cntn_n_lat = 4 where m_cntn_n_id = 12

have attached the screenshot.
Repository.JPG

Hi,

It’s been many many years since I did something like this last time :crazy_face:

What if you clicked on the Universe domain and then the Modify button? Does it offer you to edit/modify the connection to the universe domain?

If I try to modify, it says “unable to change universe connection. oracle oci network layer is not available”. :frowning: I’m stuck there.

It looks that you don’t have an Oracle client installed and configured on your PC/laptop.

Hi Marek,

I do have oracle client installed. I’m able to add new connections and modify settings of document domain. The problem is that I had deleted Universe domain and currently modified the backend database to get it back. After few modification, Universe domain has appeared in the repository again but with the issue that i mentioned above.

Thanks ,
Asish

What if you created a brand new universe domain?

It is saying the the type of domain already exists for the choosen type connection. Either change the type or select a new connection.

Then delete the current universe domain and create a brand new one?

It looks to me that your original removal of the universe domain screwed up the system. Do you have a backup of the whole BO repository so you could restore it from?

I had deleted the universe domain but was not able to add it back and was getting the error.

I have the same setup for our staging env. But dont know how to use it restore the prod env.

tyvm! - Asish

Is there a more senior BOBJ admin in your team that could help you with this problem?

I am not sure I am able to help you more cause the BOBJ version that you use is way too old. I have worked with it last time more than 6 years ago. So my knowledge of this BOBJ version is quite rusty now.

Unfortunately, my team doesn’t have anyone who could help me on this. :frowning: Thank you so much for your time and attention! Really appreciate!

Asish

Hey, I have managed to resolve the issue of the Universe domain. I had to update a few records of the below tables to fix the issue.

obj_m_repository
OBJ_M_UNIVERSES
OBJ_M_CONNECTION
obj_m_Reslink
OBJ_M_CONNECTDATA

Thanks!
Asish