BusinessObjects Board

No Notifications?

I opened a ticket with our host and they tweaked the IP configuration a bit. I also went to CBL (Composite Blocking List) and requested that our server IP address be removed from their database. Apparently it got added there recently. I have configured (over and over, I might add) that our server is NOT sending spam, nor is it hosting any sort of bot. I have confirmed with spamhaus (a frequently used spam blocking service) and we’ve been removed from their list as well.

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks Bob for all your efforts!! :mrsbob:

Miss Universe :de: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

I just saw this post, and you guessed it :blue: : I’m not receiving emails for several weeks now. I changed jobs in June so my email changed … changing email blocked my account because I did not receive confirmation emails.
And now no emails from BOB, not in spam either. What could be the problem?

Thanks,
HenkK

HenkK :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-02)

Update: today I received my first BOB Daily Digest in months! Something must have been repaired :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

HenkK

HenkK :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-02)

We have been working very hard behind the scenes to try to address this. We’re making progress (thanks for reporting that the digest is coming through once again) but we’re not completely done. We’ve been able to create special firewall rules that seem to for the moment be preventing spam from leaving our server. We’re just not sure if the spam is originating on our server (meaning someone has somehow loaded a bot) or if it’s coming through our server via way of a spoofed IP address.

If there are any LINUX system admins with experience using iptables and other firewall-related commands as well as tracking down rogue processes that would be willing to help me work through this, please post in this topic and I will contact you. Our host has done a “malware” scan of our server and they say we’re clean, but we’re still having to block around 500 transactions a day that appear to be spam originating from our server. We just need to find out if they are in fact coming from our server, or if they’re coming through our server via spoofed IP addresses, or what is going on. If they’re spoofed IP addresses I feel comfortable knowing that I can block them, but if there’s something that has been loaded on our server then we need to (a) identify it, (b) kill it, and © find out what hole it crawled through to get here in the first place and close it.

Thanks.

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I also have begun getting some notifications. I do not know if I am getting all of them but some are certainly coming through.

Thanks to all of you for your hard work!

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

Hi,

If needed I am managing a few linux boxes disposed on the ‘evil’ internet. I use to fight some time with sort of maleware on one box, because of bad php script. I can have a look if you want.

Let me know

BTW I have also received one mail from BOB today :smiley:

I seem to be missing some notifications.

The latest was this topic. I remember seeing Nick’s post on 11/28, and the text over the “Watch” icon currently says “Stop watching this topic”, so I know that the Watch is active. But I did not get an email notification for the reply that was posted yesterday.

However, I have been getting other notifications – I received one yesterday for a reply on this topic.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

This is still happening, and I’m worried that I’m missing responses to questions or answers that I’ve posted.

I was recently active on this thread: SAP Ideas - request for votes, but I did not get a notification on the most recent reply.

I just checked the same sites that were blocking our email before, and we’re still clear. The only other thing I can do is check the system logs and see if emails are going out, but they were going out before they were just being blocked by anti-spam services.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks. It’s possible that they’re being blocked on this end, but I don’t think that’s the case since I’m getting other notifications.

I’m still having a problem with notifications. I get all the daily summaries, and some post notifications, but not all. Here’s a recent example: SSL for logon page only

I have not received any reply notifications for the past couple of weeks, although I receive every daily summary. Am I the only one with this problem?

I get multiple notifications daily - don’t seem to miss any.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Ok, what’d you do, Nick? I just got a notification for this one – the first one in two weeks.

Nothing, honestly. If there was something I could have done I would obviously have tried. But I don’t have the necessary access. Lets see how it goes. Did you get the next notification?

I did :smiley:

Me too. Hmm, this could go on for a while…What you need is a response to another thread - lemme go see…

Still spotty. I’m getting some notifications but not most. If I’m the only one having the problem, then I have to assume it’s on my end.

At this point, Joe, I suspect it’s on your end. I haven’t seen any other complaints about this.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)