BusinessObjects Board

No Notifications?

Miss Universe, your original account is now activated. Sorry for the delay. I got lost in the basement. :?

Bobinator (BOB member since 2008-09-09)

Bobinator, you’re my hero! thanks a lot :mrsbob:
:hugs:

this whole email issue is really a bit weird. in fact, my yahoo address worked on the other account (I also got your reply notification). I wonder where these emails pile up?!

Thanks again,
MU.

Miss Universe :de: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

I have not had time to work through any test cases. I know I get emails from the server so it’s not a complete failure of the email system. :?

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I’ll toss my hat into the ring as well - no emails from the board for the past 5-6 weeks. I’ve verified all my settings (that used to work!) and nothing has changed. Kinda odd…

jwaterbury :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-21)

OK — add me to the list - I too am not receiving notifications.

REB01 :us: (BOB member since 2004-11-29)

In this thread we collected some email providers that seem to work:

[list]Google Mail
Yahoo
Hotmail[/list]

providers that don’t seem to work are: GMX as well as personal or corporate servers…

Please see this post for more information.

Here’s the error code returned in the mail log for your email address. Mail is being sent, it’s not being delivered.

2013-07-15 14:40:28 1UyodH-0001M2-C2 ** your-email-address-here R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after HELO : host mail.miq.com [198.181.219.195]: 501 5.5.4 Domain name required

In doing some research, it seems that the complaint is about the sender domain, but I can assure you that rigil.momentsoflight.net is a valid domain. There is no web site hosted there, but it should not have to include a site, it’s just the server name.

The DNS record includes rigil as an attribute for momentsoflight.net.

I can confirm that email is successfully being sent to your current account at gmail as I see success entries in the mail log.

Hi Bob,

yes thanks, gmail seems to be working. However, GMX did not and neither did my company email… well… I just had an issue when I changed the email address and never got any confirmation to re-activate the account… that was a bit unlucky :wink:
but for now I’m using gmail.

thanks for checking,
cheers
:mrsbob:

Just noticed that I had not received any notification emails from BOB for some days and thought it’s starting again… but then I visited my Google mail account and found that apparently Google decided to mark them as SPAM since 24/09 …
just in case someone has the same problem, check your SPAM folder.

Is there a solution?

I opened a ticket with our host and they tweaked the IP configuration a bit. I also went to CBL (Composite Blocking List) and requested that our server IP address be removed from their database. Apparently it got added there recently. I have configured (over and over, I might add) that our server is NOT sending spam, nor is it hosting any sort of bot. I have confirmed with spamhaus (a frequently used spam blocking service) and we’ve been removed from their list as well.

Thanks Bob for all your efforts!! :mrsbob:

I just saw this post, and you guessed it :blue: : I’m not receiving emails for several weeks now. I changed jobs in June so my email changed … changing email blocked my account because I did not receive confirmation emails.
And now no emails from BOB, not in spam either. What could be the problem?

Thanks,
HenkK

HenkK :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-02)

Update: today I received my first BOB Daily Digest in months! Something must have been repaired :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

HenkK

HenkK :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-02)

We have been working very hard behind the scenes to try to address this. We’re making progress (thanks for reporting that the digest is coming through once again) but we’re not completely done. We’ve been able to create special firewall rules that seem to for the moment be preventing spam from leaving our server. We’re just not sure if the spam is originating on our server (meaning someone has somehow loaded a bot) or if it’s coming through our server via way of a spoofed IP address.

If there are any LINUX system admins with experience using iptables and other firewall-related commands as well as tracking down rogue processes that would be willing to help me work through this, please post in this topic and I will contact you. Our host has done a “malware” scan of our server and they say we’re clean, but we’re still having to block around 500 transactions a day that appear to be spam originating from our server. We just need to find out if they are in fact coming from our server, or if they’re coming through our server via spoofed IP addresses, or what is going on. If they’re spoofed IP addresses I feel comfortable knowing that I can block them, but if there’s something that has been loaded on our server then we need to (a) identify it, (b) kill it, and © find out what hole it crawled through to get here in the first place and close it.

Thanks.

I also have begun getting some notifications. I do not know if I am getting all of them but some are certainly coming through.

Thanks to all of you for your hard work!

Hi,

If needed I am managing a few linux boxes disposed on the ‘evil’ internet. I use to fight some time with sort of maleware on one box, because of bad php script. I can have a look if you want.

Let me know

BTW I have also received one mail from BOB today :smiley:

I seem to be missing some notifications.

The latest was this topic. I remember seeing Nick’s post on 11/28, and the text over the “Watch” icon currently says “Stop watching this topic”, so I know that the Watch is active. But I did not get an email notification for the reply that was posted yesterday.

However, I have been getting other notifications – I received one yesterday for a reply on this topic.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)