BusinessObjects Board

New Topic Category

I wonder if it is about time for us to create a new topic category for “Dashboarding and Visualization”? Right now, BO Dashboards and Lumira are in the “Other Products” category, and we don’t have one for Design Studio. I think this topic is big enough to have its own category. What do you all think?

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

Given what I have read about the quality of Design Studio, I’m sure there will be plenty of discussions :rotf: .

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Given that I’ve now switched over to being primarily a Dashboards developer, I would certainly be in favor of it.

Lugh (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

[Moderator Note: Moved from Off Topic to About BOB]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Perhaps we should simply rename the Xcelsius forum. Thought?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

That’s a good idea.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

The Xcelsius forum is still a sub-forum under the “Other Products” though. Dashboard and Visualization is such a big part of the BusinessObjects portfolio now and I think it warrants a top level category by itself. If we do that, we can put Dashboards, Design Studio, Lumira under this new top level category.

We have been intending to rework the top-level forum structure for some time. How about we use this topic to come up with a proposal that we can evaluate?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

:+1:

Dashboard and Visualization would make a good top level category IMO. I think this could then be divided by product, Xcelsius, Design Studio, Lumira etc. I would seperate Xcelsuis and Design Studio, rather than merge into dashboards, as they are distinctly different products.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)