BusinessObjects Board

New report wizard

Hello all,

When making new report I’m able to choose from list of universes. The list of universes that is shown depends on the file locations entered (tools–>options–>tab file locations -->universes–>change path)

1)What is the general rule, I mean are all universes of appropriate folder shown?
a) including universes in subfolders? If yes, what about two universes with the same name, in different subfolders? I couldn’t figure it out, since it seems that some universes from subfolders are shown but not all, it quite strange.

1. Does it matter if I work with or without repository? Or will generally all the universes in specific folder and subfolders be shown?

I had one case, without repository. And the universe became only visible when I changed the parameters connections from shared to personal, it seems really odd.

Can someone please provide me feedback on the issue?

keizersoz (BOB member since 2005-12-14)

if you work without repository, it will show you the univers of the univers directory you entered in the option menu you mention
if you work with directory, to these prvious univers files will be added the others one from repository your BO admin guy has given access to you.

In all case, I recommend you to alway work with repository because it is very very more easy to mange univers changes and rights.

for subfolders, make a try creating some subfolders on univers folder but I think it will not work

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Anitha had referred to a document, which was usefull for me in understanding Universe concept.

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)