BusinessObjects Board

New Forum Subgroup?

Moderators…

I have been working very intensely with 4.0 for about a month now and am finding it very nice in some ways and very frustrating in others. Since every single issue I come across requires a support ticket to get an answer for (too often “it doesn’t do that”) I’d like to be able to discuss on BOB. Hopefully SAP will also monitor those discussions.

I would like to suggest a new Sub-topic in Semantic Layers for the new Information Design Tool. Because it’s so new and combines features of Universe Designer and Business View Manager, it sort of stands alone.

It might also be nice to have a new sub-topic for Interactive Analysis (or WEBI 4 or whatever they end up calling it) since it is quite a bit different from the earlier versions.

Wadd’ya think?

datagal :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-21)

[Moderator Note: Moving to About BOB - Jansi]

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Our current plan (which we could probably put into action now rather than wait for the formal release) is to retain the current forum structure but allow folks to tag their posts with the version. Web Intelligence XI, XI R2, XI 3.x, BI 4.0 and so on would become additional information that would be contained all within the Web Intelligence forum. Likewise the Semantic Layer forum would remain as is, but with version number tags.

For an example of the tags you can look at the user group forum, where we have topic tags for each of the geographical user groups but only one containing forum.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I’ve added a topic tag to the Semantic Layer forum for IDT 4.x (Information Design Tool).

Bobinator (BOB member since 2008-09-09)

Got it… Thanks!

datagal :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-21)