BusinessObjects Board

Netbase

Hello,

Can anyone kindly provide some details on Netbase and how will it work with SAP. I know SAP is the reseller and product is going to be launched in Q4 2012 (planned).

What I want to know now is the following:

1. Is there a functionality available today to extract data (using Netbase Insight APIs) in a structured format which could be stored in Database?

2. How is the licensing today and how will it be different with SAP takes over (or starts reselling)?

3. How will the solution be different when SAP comes into play?

4. What kind of technology expertise required in order to extract data from Netbase APIs and build custom applications on top of that? I am precisely interested in finding how output data is structured and how can this be leveraged using SAP BI tools and technologies.

Thanks

aneelf (BOB member since 2006-05-15)

Hi aneelf,
[list]
• I am a product manager at SAP. SAP Social Media Analytics by Netbase has been available as a solution extension from SAP since December 2011. You can learn more about the solution’s capabilities here http://www.sap.com/include/social-media-analytics.
• In addition to the solution’s rich capabilities it includes comprehensive REST-based API access which enables to access the relevant data.
• Licensing is structured in terms of number of users and number of topics of interest with API access included.
• The difference when SAP comes into play is the solution has been through a complete validation by SAP to ensure that it meets the same standards of quality, commitment, and support that our customers expect from SAP.
• We have integrated the solution with SAP Social Customer Engagement OnDemand – learn more here http://www.sap.com/socialondemand, and additional integrations are planned.
• At this time integration would be API based and require the ability to consume a JSON format REST based web services API, then store the retrieved data in a datastore of some type. Our roadmap for integration calls for a simpler integration using SAP Data Services.
[/list]
Please reach out to me at terence dot chesire at sap dot com for further questions.

Warmest regards,
-Terence

tchesire (BOB member since 2012-07-16)

Thanks Terence so much for your response … I would love to engage with you on this.

Thanks again!

aneelf (BOB member since 2006-05-15)