BusinessObjects Board

Need Help with the WebI 2.6 webserver configuration

Hi,

I am using WebI 2.6 and I am using Windows server 2003 to run WebI server. The webserver used is IIS 6.0.

I refered to the install manual for configuring the webserver and created the paths for the virtual directories. I am able to load Infoview but when I click the ‘login’ button, I recieve an error message “http 404 page not found”.

I dont know if I am not specifying the paths correctly or if I am not creating the virtual directories properly.

Any help to complete the IIS configuration will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

khajasamiuddin (BOB member since 2006-06-23)

I can’t help you with the IIS configuration. I do it rarely enough, and even then with my Windows Server support guy at hand, that I do not remember the details.

But I do have to wonder if your problem might not be related to using Windows Server 2003 and WebI 2.6. I’m sure that the PAR won’t show that Windows Server 2003 is supported. IIS 6.0 may well not be supported for that version, either.

Alternatively, did you put the BOMain.key file into the correct subdirectory? Could that be your problem?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I did copy the BOMain. key into the locdata folder. The problem is however, with the IIS server configuration.

My windows 2k3 support person was able to configure the IIS 6.0 webserver effectively to run webi 2.6, but that was a long time ago.

I am trying to do the same by myself but I am stuck.

Thanks for the help already.

khajasamiuddin (BOB member since 2006-06-23)

I am very new in this forum as well as in BO.In fact I have ETL experience but not reporting.
I have installed BO in my standalone XP.As webserver I have IIS.Now I am stucked how to configure Infoview to use WebI.
Could anyone please provide step-by-step configuration guide for using WebI.

Thanks in advance.

Regrads,
Hasim

hasim_bob :india: (BOB member since 2006-10-08)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

The steps you want are clearly described in the deployment_installation guide that is with your software.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)