BusinessObjects Board

Need help with Conditional Scheduling

Hi Guys,

If I want to send a refreshed report to an End User based on a particular value in report. How do we achieve it?

For Ex:In an Employee report there would be 2 columns:
Employee Name and No. Of leaves, the report would refresh on a daily basis. If any of the employee takes more than 5 days of leave then only report should go to Manager’s Inbox else no report to be sent to the Manager.

Please help…
Thanks
Jai

enjoyy2j :india: (BOB member since 2008-04-17)

I am assuming you are reporting on a database table. Write a script to create a txt file and place it in a shared location based on the condition leave >5 i.e. when the report should be sent to the manager. Now schedule the report with the file event.

-BM

Bappaditya Mukherjee :india: (BOB member since 2010-03-20)

Yes I thought of this option and a PL/SQL statement would generate the TRG file once an employee take more than 5 days leave, but this would hamper performance if there are huge no. of employees the PL/SQL statement would run for each employee in that table… Is there any way we can handle this in Web-I report side rather than DB side?

Thanks,
Jai

Jai,

If you are on 3.0 or above you could use publications for this. You can send these out dependant on business rules.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

thx for your input Mark… Yes I am using 3.1 could you please elaborate on this or send me link to the guide… I am not aware of publications on BOXI

Thanks
Jai

Here you go :slight_smile: :-

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_publisher_en.pdf

Yes I got it… Thx a ton!!!

Jai

Hey Mark,

BAD NEWS:

Delivery rules in Publisher
Note:
This feature is unavailable for Web Intelligence documents.

:frowning:

Oh dear, I didn’t know that, sorry, back to the drawing board :? .

No Issues… Thx for the input though… I will inform you incase I find any Break Through !!!

Jai

A couple of things to think of you could invoke a having clause, using your measure, in the where clause of the SQL of >5.
This would mean that the report will return no rows, unless the records you are interested in exist.
You could then look at the technique, suggested by Marek, here:-
https://bobj-board.org/t/151998