BusinessObjects Board

Need a separate section for Design Studio/Lumira. agree?

I guess under the “Other Products” section, but honestly I think there also should be a main section for “Building Dashboards” right above or under “Building Reports”.

Anyone agree? Say so. :slight_smile:

Duff (BOB member since 2004-12-28)

Well… it’s being rolled into Lumira, so perhaps the “Lumira / Visual Intelligence” area would be appropriate?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

[Moderator note - moved to the About Bob forum]I guess as a minimum we’re waiting for the Lumira/Design Studio merger. If we get a lot of feedback in this post we’d be happy to put a forum at the top level. We do not get a lot of posts, though, for either Lumira or Design Studio.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

:+1:

Would be nice to have a separate area for Design Studio/Lumira

viru4808 :australia: (BOB member since 2008-01-09)

Maybe more Design Studio / Lumira designer topics would be posted if there were a section. I tell people this is the go-to site for BOBJ questions because of the number of experts that frequent this site. Design Studio (Lumira Designer, or whatever they change the name to) is the BOBJ direction for future dashboarding. But if you are currently building a Design Studio dashboard and want to post a question, if you come here, you are lost as to where to post. And you get the feeling that this is not the place to be.

Duff (BOB member since 2004-12-28)

Sure, there is certainly an argument for that. Keep the feedback coming.

I would not be opposed to having a forum for Lumira/Design Studio. When the products merge into Lumira Designer, we could simply rename the forum.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

So… just rename the existing Lumira / Visual Intelligence forum?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

That is part of it…who knows what the ‘new’ tool will be. But also there is a reference to making the forum a top level one - as opposed to buried in Other products

I know from SAP that the new tool where current Lumira and current Design Studio will be integrated into a one product will be called Lumira 2.0

It should be released sometimes in the 2nd half of this year if I am not mistaken.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Ha, yeah now it is going to be called ‘Lumira 2.0’…but when it is actually released my money is on ‘Bernard’…

it could also very well be Two different Client tools and just One Server (Runtime Addon)…

Well, but still 2 separate client tools!

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Eh? But why?

The verdict is out on Lumira 2.0, seen a demo of both tools at a conference earlier this week.

Old Product New Product BO Add on
Lumira Lumira Discovery One combined
Design Studio Lumira Designer Lumira Run-time

Both tools will being using common file format maybe *.lums; Discovery is being showcased as Self Serve model where analysts could draft a story and then pass it to Developers/Designers to work up a finished Enterprise Dashboard/Application with additional scripting/functionality if required.

No backward compatibility from Designer to Discovery yet but planned for 2.1/2.2

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What is the verdict?

On the webinar now.

As a Tableau\PowerBI\SAS VA\LogiAnalytics\Spotfire user, all I can say is hmmmmmm.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Have you seen Antivia’s DecisionPoint yet?

Fills the gap IDS/Acusend filled back when DAS/BCA were rubbish.

Yes mate, we used to sell it at Acuma for a short while. I nearly went to work for them (my old boss at Crystal is one of their main guys and the other main guy is ex-Acuma - same guys that wrote Acusend)!

It`s a good bit of kit.

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Reading between the lines here I am seeing the word “Disappointing”. I would have liked to have seen “Good Enough” as a minimum.