BusinessObjects Board

mystery rows in audit database?

hi gurus,

we’re testing an XIR2 install, with a SQL Svr Audit database.

All auditable events have been enabled, for all servers.

Every day (at 07:00), thousands of rows are inserted to the audit database, for a document named ADHOC, for universes eFashion and Island Resorts Marketing, by server Web Intelligence Report Server.

No scheduling has been set up, and, anyhow, document ADHOC doesn’t exist.

Any ideas on what’s generating these rows, and how to turn them off?

Cheers

sillypoint :uk: (BOB member since 2005-05-19)

The document named ADHOC is likely a document that has yet to be saved in any way. It really doesn’t exist yet, at least not with a proper name.

I can’t necessarily explain the 7am “flood” though. Are any of your services restarted at 7am each day? Maybe some audit data is cached overnight and written after a restart? Just speculating.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Normally a new document without a name is audited as document1.wid…something like that anyway. I wonder if ADHOC has been scheduled at some point in the past? Check out the username and folder associated with the report.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Dwayne/Nick,

thanks for your input.

It’s even more mysterious now, as, after a server reboot a couple of days ago, the rows are no longer being written to the audit database!

The 07:00 timing didn’t coincide with any system events, and there is no document named ADHOC, so I’m really stumped.

I’ll monitor the database to see if they dare to come back…

Cheers

sillypoint :uk: (BOB member since 2005-05-19)

Reving this old thread from the grave:

We have the same issue in an XI 3.x environment. We have around 240k Webi reports refreshed via scheduling which show up in the Audit db and Audit reports, which is just fine.
But on top of that we have around 140k Webi reports a month with document name “ADHOC”, and I have no clue where those came from.

Note:
If you create a new Webi report it gets a default name of “document1.wid” or something like that and this document name is then saved to the audit db. So these are not the “ADHOC” documents shown in the Audit DB.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)