BusinessObjects Board

#MULTIVALUE issue - Formula help reviewing content in cross table

we’re attempting to create a variable which will act as an indicator to look for a specfic value (e.g. “Y”) in specific column(s) in a cross table.

we’re looking for either a multiple IF function in one variable or separate variables with one IF is fine, we’re just unable to comprehend what the syntax would be to state which columns to look at rather than what it’s currently doing, which is looking at all the cells in the cross-tab and returning a #MULTIVALUE

Can you provide more details (e.g. variable formulas, screen shots) of what you have tried?

i was able to resolve this. the Qs have a narrative table of either Y or N (yes/no) i was able to state in a new variable “what is the max value” in other words Y comes after N, and therefore is the greater of the two values.

e.g.
=Max(([MyForm_Answer]) Where ([Mfques Ref] InList (“01003520”;“01003522”;“01003524”;“01003526”)))

aow - show me the max value (Y or N) for question reference number 20, 22, 24 and 26.

i was then able to apply conditional formatting, so that the report viewer could see at a glance if someone had answered Yes, and therefore requiring the viewer to examine related answers. however as this is a variable i was unable to include it in the bar filter to allow the viewer to see all submissions, just Ys or just Ns.

1 Like