BusinessObjects Board

Moving BO Server

Hi,

I am wondering if you can help me… we are looking to move our BO server (literally replicate it offsite from an image). Its version 5.1 with webintelligence.

As we will have a different IP address etc can anyone suggest to me what would need to be changed? The repository database is on yet another server so that is not a problem.

Webintelligence users would obviously need to point their browsers at a new address if they use IP, DNS would be changed… but does the full client actually refer to the BO server at all or does it only connect to the repository server?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

StuCIT (BOB member since 2007-06-28)

2-tier full client does not access the WebI server at all.

3-tier full client = ZABO – does. I suspect if you’re using ZABO, the users would have to log into WebI directly, make sure their Edit Documents settings are set to BusinessObjects, and try to create a new query, or edit an existing document from the repository or from their WebI personal documents – to force a download of the updated *.rkey file to their LOCDATA folder. After that, they should be able to open ZABO just fine, I would expect.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)