BusinessObjects Board

Missing Bubble/Pie Chart and Sample Analytics in Infoview

Hello,

I am trying to deploy bubble/pie charts to create Analytics via Infoview.

I followed the steps mentioned in post -
https://bobj-board.org/t/137540

But unfortunately I am still not able to view bubble/pie charts if I create new Analytic.

Also, Please suggest how can I see sample pre-defined analytics in Infoview.

Many Thanks…

Vrush27 (BOB member since 2010-12-08)

Performance Management is getting sunsetted. So, if you are just getting started the RoadMap given to us as a replacement is Xcelsius or Dashboard Designer as it is currently known.

Don’t put too much time into Performance Management.

tenather :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hey,

Thanks a lot for that suggestion.
But can we use Xcelsius or Dashboard Designer with Webi reports.
Also do we need a separate license for them.

Currently we are using Webi to create reports.

Xcelsius is Named User licensed, and you can link (URL using OpenDocument command) to link to detail WebI reports.

We do this a lot from Xcelsius dashboards, clicking the link sends over the proper prompts and then WebI shows the DETAILs backing up the dashboard.

Hi,

I guess as Xcelsius requires Named User license it wont suit us much. As many client side users need to login into Infoview to access the reports.

Also one of our requirement to use Dashboard & Analytics is to use the Predictive Analytics.

Hmm you must be new to BOBJ. :mrgreen:

When you develop a dashboard with Xcelsius, you "compile it to a flash file and then export that flash file to Infoview to be “consumed” by the user community.

You can do this with EDGE and Enterprise licenses of BOBJ, and it would require the ENTERPRISE version of Xcelsius.

But all doable via infoview.

Hi Thomas,

You are right I am new to BO. :?
As I understand is that if we get the ENTERPRISE version of Xcelsius we won’t need to purchase any separate license and can continue with the current BO XI license we have.

But apart from this client is mostly looking for Dashboard & Alaytics. So it will be great if you could help with that.
Xcelsius sounds to be a good option but at the moment I guess we will be more interested to use Performance Management first.
Please suggest.

You don’t need licenses to view xcelsius dashboards. I deploy mine via the intranet as html, so they don’t actually use Business Objects at all (though the user must be a Bob user in order to drill down into the webi reports accessed via buttons on the dashboard). So I use one xcelsius designer license and that’s it. The analytics are much better than the PM ones and much more customisable.

Honestly - if you value your sanity - don’t touch Performance Management. It is a truly awful product - buggy, inflexible and missing vital bits, IMO. :lol: I wasted a year of my life on it.

debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Thanks for the reply.

Can we use Xcelsius for forecasting or Predictive Analysis based on data from Webi reports? If so how?

Yes. You can bring your data in from webi (don’t ask me how as I don’t do it that way, but I know it’s possible. Might be LiveOffice?)

Xcelsius has a trend component and from that you can project the trend line into the future - which is effectively forecasting. I current have several rolling 3-year line graphs, on which I plot actual cumulative data, a linear trend line and a future 3 month forecast.

Debbie

2 ways to get data into Xcelsius.

QAAWS - Query as a Web Service
LiveOffice - Can query or read schedule WebI reports to get the data into Xcelsius.

We use QaaWS for the majority of our dashboards, but when the database is not changing for weeks or months on end, those are wasted queries. Now that LIveOffice is getting better we could do some switching. I am directing our BI efforts in Supply Chain and based on my learning experience from my last assignment we will be using more LiveOffice to power Xcelsius. A Cache read is much faster than running 8 SQL queries to get the dashboard loaded.

Oh did you see? It takes on average 6-8 queries to get a dashboard loaded, so on average 8-10 seconds before a dashboard gets displayed. So another good reason to explore LiveOffice.

I don’t use qaaws or liveoffice. I run my SQL queries via aspx web pages and schedule them daily to xml files on my web server. Then xcelsius simply pulls in the xml. Since I’m not hitting any databases, everything is quick to run.

Debbie

Thanks Thomas and Debbie.

Looks like Performance Management is old and Xcelsius is the new trend.

Basically I was looking for ‘Dashboard & Analytics’ because I thought that this can be done through Infoview. And I needed it just to create Dashboards and some Predictive Analytics.
This is something like and add-on feature which we were going to provide to customers.

But from the above posts it feels like in either case a license is required to be purchased.

So I will check both in some detail and come back here.
Thanks a lot.

Sorry I know this is stupid but can I ask if ‘Performance Management’ and ‘Enterprise Performance Management’ are different products?
What is the difference between the two?

Is ‘Dashboard and Analytics’ part of ‘Performance Management’ or ‘Enterprise Performance Management’ [/b]

Sorry, Vrush, I have no idea on that one. Every time I think I understand BO/SAP’s products, they move the goalposts by changing the names or functions!

Debbie

Is ‘Predictive Workbench’ any better for Predictive Analysis on Webi Reports?

Hi,

Do you have any good sites where I can start with Xcelsius. May be some demo or other useful information before purchasing the product.