BusinessObjects Board

Migration of information space from dev to production

Hi,

I have created information spaces in BO3.1 sp3 explorer and i would like to know the procedure for migrating these information spaces from dev to production.

Currently we encountered one issue, i.e. we need to re-index all the information spaces in the production after migration. Then only they will be available for the end user.

Is there any better way of doing this or any alternative to do the migration.
We are using biar file as the source file for migration.

Creating indexes on production machine is time taking process if number of information spaces are more. Is there any automatic mechanism to do this activity or best practices

Thanks in advance.

divyap (BOB member since 2010-09-08)

Moderator note: moved from WebIntelligence forum to Explorer.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

You definitely will always have to “re-index” after migration from one BOBJ environment to another. We are in the 4.x BOBJ environment so I’m not sure if I’m stating something that doesn’t apply to 3.x but you can schedule the Infospaces to index once you have them migrated.

I do not know of any way to bypass that part of the workflow. In our environment we are pointing to different datasources on the back end (i.e. PROD BOBJ -> PROD database, QA BOBJ -> QA database, etc.) so we would always want to re-index anyway to get the “right” set of data.

jackie_dunn :us: (BOB member since 2013-09-03)